One of the most important strategy for gaining and keeping a competitive advantage in a pharmaceuticals dynamic environment is to create a flexible organization.
- Flexibility for these pharma sourcing companies of supply chain is the organization’s ability to meet an increasing variety of customer expectations.
- The customer expectations of the supplier companies of the raw material chemicals are to be completed without excessive costs, time, organizational disruptions, or performance losses.
- To be useful in achieving company objectives of supplying and dispatching the products on time and with proper documentation, flexibility should be viewed from a value chain perspective (satisfying customer needs) rather than from an equipment or process perspective .
- From a customer’s perspective, cross-functional and cross-company efforts are needed to eliminate bottlenecks, increase responsiveness, and create a level of performance that enables firms to build lasting competitive advantage.
- Flexibility can improve the company’s competitiveness, particularly for the decision-making process of implementing technologies .
- Flexibility in supply chains of bulk raw material sourcing may well represent a potential source to improve the company’s efficiency and may be a significant measure of supply chain performance .
- Supply chain flexibility is defined to encompass those flexibility dimensions that directly impact a firm’s customers and are the shared responsibility of two or more functions along the supply chain, whether internal (marketing, manufacturing ) or external (suppliers, channel members) to the firm.
Created By: Vinita Bhandari www.getdigitalpartner.com