- With tens of thousands of plant species on earth, we are gifted with an enormous wealth of medicinal remedies from Mother Nature.
- Natural products and their derivatives (herbal extracts) represent more than 50% of all the drugs in modern therapeutics.
- Because of the low success rate and huge capital investment need, the research and development of conventional drugs are very costly and difficult.
- Over the past few decades, researchers have focused on drug discovery from herbal medicines or botanical sources, an important group of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) therapy.
- With a long history of herbal usage for the clinical management of a variety of diseases in indigenous cultures.
- The success rate of developing a new drug from herbal medicinal preparations should, in theory, be higher than that from chemical synthesis.
- While the efforts for drug discovery from herbal medicines is “experience driven,”
- The pharmaceutical industry is one of the pillar industries for economic development worldwide.
- Thiocolchicoside is one such semi-synthetic derivative of the naturally occurring compound colchicoside extracted from the seeds of Gloriosa superba.
- Thiocolchicoside that we offer is widely used in the symptomatic treatment of painful muscle spasm. Thiocolchicoside is a yellow crystalline powder that has a characteristic smell and is soluble in water.
- Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant agent with anti-inflammatory and analgesic actions, also is used topically for the treatment of muscular spasms and for rheumatologic, orthopedic, and traumatologic disorders.
Product Name : Thiocolchicoside
CAS No. : 602-41-5
Chemical Formula : C27H33NO10S
Molecular Weight : 563.62 g/mole
Chemical name : N-[1,2-dimethoxy-10-methylsulfanyl-9-oxo-3-[(2S,3R,4S,5S,6R)-3,4,5-trihydroxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)oxan-2-yl]oxy-6,7-dihydro-5H-enzo[d]heptalen-7-yl] acetamide
Physical state and appearance: Yellow crystalline solid powder.
Purity : ≥ 99.0 %
Solubility : Soluble in Water & Alcohol
Author: Vinita Bhandari