Nutraceuticals intended for the specific dietary management of a disease or condition for which distinctive nutritional requirements, on the basis of recognized scientific principles. Plants, Animals and Micro-organisms are the source of Nutraceuticals ingredients.
The use of medical foods has grown steadily to include various products for the treatment of illnesses and disorders that have a nutritional association. These include chronic conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and osteoporosis; inborn errors of metabolism; mitochondrial disease; wound healing; pain management; gastrointestinal disorders; Huntington’s disease and neurological and psychological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and depression
Nutraceuticals and dietary supplements are sold in India under the name of Fast Moving Healthcare Goods (FMHG).
- Sigma – Aldrich: Leading supplier to the global Life Science industry: solutions and services for research, development and production of biotechnology and pharmaceutical drug therapies. Manufacturers of variety of Beta Galactosidase through E.Coli, Kluyveromyces lactis, bovine serum, etc.
- Novozymes: Novozymes is based on bio innovation. We apply industrial biotechnology to challenge and complement traditional thinking in manufacturing processes and applications, in order to identify sustainable solutions for our customer.
- Hester Bioscience: Limited Hester Bio science Ltd. is one of the largest privately held pharmaceutical companies in India. An integrated healthcare solutions provider catering to over 45 therapeutic areas that include cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, analgesics, haematinics, anti-ineffective and antibiotics, respiratory agents, anti diabetics and immunological
- Sanofi-Genzyme: Genzyme has long been known for our expertise in the class of rare genetic diseases known as lysosomal storage disorders (LSDs)
- Dabur :Manufactures & supplies nutritional supplements, cosmeceuticals, fine chemicals,specialty chemicals, phytochemicals, phytonutrients & herbal extracts for health products companies.